All massage at Awaken Integrative Bodywork is therapeutic, deeply restorative and corrective. Our therapists are skilled and experienced in treating many common health conditions and will address any specific issues you have.
Therapeutic Massage as part of your healthcare plan
The John Hopkins Integrative Medicine & Digestive Center reports:
Research has shown that therapeutic massage techniques may be helpful in the following conditions:
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression: promotes relaxation response, enhances coping mechanisms in patients undergoing treatment for cancer, reduces symptoms of anxiety, depression and stress disorders
- Pain control: fibromyalgia, arthritis, sciatica, headaches, childbirth
- Chronic lung disease: increases respiratory function and decreases anxiety
- Digestive: adjunctive therapy to treatment of chronic constipation
- Injuries: overuse and repetitive strain injuries, workplace and athletic trauma, whiplash
While many believe that pain is gain, Awaken Integrative Bodywork’s approach is different:
- We treat deep tissue pain without causing further pain or damage. The experience following a treatment is usually a feeling of lightness, fluidity and exhilaration. There is rarely soreness or recovery time. We believe that less pain = more gain.
- Treat all connected pain centers within the body, mind and spirit. Our technique is corrective, therapeutic, restorative, and deeply relaxing, drawing on a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology while helping integrate your spirit, emotions and mental well being.
We help you identify areas of pain or limitation in your body, release and correct dysfunctions, relieve pain and restore mobility so you can function at your best in all your activities!